Rabat – Following the release issued by the government related to the conditions of access to the national territory for Moroccan nationals and foreigners living in Morocco, requests for clarification have been raised regarding practical arrangements for implementing this special mechanism.
In this regard, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Abroad, indicates that :
1. For countries, particularly in Africa, where it is absolutely not possible to carry out PCR or serological tests, contacts are conducted with the authorities of these friendly countries to find, as quickly as possible, appropriate solutions.
2. Regarding people who intend to come to Morocco by car through the ports of Sète (France) and Genoa (Italy), and whose tests validity is less than the time of the journey, an additional PCR test will be carried out on board the boat.
3. Due to the exceptional nature of the current operation, compensation between airlines is no longer possible due to legal and practical considerations. Consequently, only tickets purchased from Royal Air Maroc and Air Arabia are valid.
4. Flight planning will not only concern countries traditionally served by direct lines from Morocco. It could also concern countries where there is a demand from Moroccans living abroad or foreigners living in Morocco.
5. Children under the age of 11 are exempt from the PCR test.
6. Moroccans living abroad, foreigners residing or not residing in Morocco, and Moroccan students enrolled in universities abroad may leave the national territory by the same sea and air routes.
The Call Center (+212.537. 66.33.00) and the Crisis Cell (+212.666.89.11.05, +212.662.01.34.36, +212.537.67.6218), within the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Cooperation African and Moroccans abroad remain available to answer questions.
The Kingdom’s embassies and consulates, as well as the representations of the Royal Air Maroc, are also mobilized for this purpose.