The Ministry delegate in charge of Moroccans Residing Abroad prepares and implements government policy regarding Moroccan community abroad, in coordination with the relevant ministerial sectors and institutions inside and outside Morocco.
TO THIS END, THE MINISTRY CARRIES OUT THE FOLLOWING MISSIONS:
- Enhance solidarity and promote social action for the benefit of Moroccan expatriates.
- Preserve and consolidate Moroccan identity.
- Encourage and promote public services for the benefit of Moroccans expatriates.
- Facilitate integration in host countries.
- Mobilize Moroccans to contribute to the development of Morocco.
- Represent the government in intergovernmental organizations and international fora on migration issues.
- Coordinate and monitor government policy in the field of relations with international institutions and non-governmental organizations concerned with migration issues.
- Oversee the development of policies and take the necessary measures to facilitate the social, educational and cultural integration of migrants and refugees in Morocco
- Coordinate and monitor government policy in the field of relations with institutions and non-governmental organizations concerned with issues of migrants abroad and immigration affairs, under the leadership of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) .