Resume of Nezha El Ouafi
Mrs. Nezha EL OUAFI
On October 9th, 2019, His Majesty King Mohammed VI appointed Mrs. Nezha El Ouafi as Minister Delegate to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Residing Abroad, in Charge of Moroccans Residing Abroad.
2017– PhD in Sociology from the University Mohammed V in Rabat.
2002– Master’s degree in Sociology from the Sorbonne University in France.
1996– Bachelor’s degree in Arabic Literature from the Faculty of Literature and Human Sciences. Qadi Ayyad University.
1990– High School Diploma in Experimental Sciences, from Moulay Ismail High School, El Kelaa des Sraghna.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES AND SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
- Conducting research regarding immigration.
- Integration of immigrants and Muslims in a plural society.
- Immigrant women’s topics.
- Mudawana and Moroccans Living Abroad.
- Islam and Muslims in a multicultural and secular space
- Publishing scientific articles on Arab and Muslim immigrants in Europe and sociological issues in Italy
- Participation in publishing the book : Application of the Family Code to the Moroccan community in Italy: Empirical study
– Member of the General Secretary of the Justice and Development Party.
– Deputy in the the House of Representatives for three successive terms 2007-2011-2017.
– Member of the Parliament of the Council of Europe during 2011-2016.
– Former Vice President of the House of Representatives of Morocco between 2016-2021.
– Member of the National Bureau of the National Union of Labor in Morocco (UNTM) -2017.
– Member of the Parliamentary Network against Gender Violence in the European Council 2011-2016.
– Former President of the Network of Women Ministers and Senior Environmental Officials for Africa (AFWMLE) (until 9 October 2019).
– Vice President of the Lamrissa District ( Commune of Salé).
– Member of the International Relations Committee of the PJD
– Member of the Justice and Development party committee on work overseas
– President of the Forum of Moroccan Competencies Abroad since 2010.
– President of the UNTM Commission on International Relations and Workers overseas, in Morocco.